Hey you need to stay here for 5 hours
- VGCC Episode 412: Vtubers are Sus - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: HEY EVERY !!!! - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 96: Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 411: Suikoden Day - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Directs and Drops - Read More → . . . . .
- Fashion Police Squad (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 410: Old Dirty Liz Threw It Back Too Hard - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Kings and Queens - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 95: Uncle Recoil - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 409: Jack's Orb Debt - Read More → . . . . .
I feel like I JUST got finished writing my Yakuza Kiwami review, but thanks to a listing posted a bit too early on Taiwan’s Playstation Network, we now know a remake of Yakuza 2, aptly named Yakuza Kiwami 2, is in the works.
Thanks to some Google Translating we know that Kiwami 2 will be using the Dragon engine, the new engine created for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life. The listing claims the Asian version of the game will release December 7th of this year, so hopefully thanks to the success of Yakuza 0 and continued support of Kiwami and 6, Kiwami 2 can get a speedy translation for other regions.
This may not be the only Yakuza title announced in the coming days. A Yakuza-themed stream is set for August 26th, and director Toshihiro Nagoshi is on the record saying that future Yakuza sequels will happen, just not starring Kazuma Kiryu. It’s unknown if we’ll be seeing an announcement for Yakuza 7, more spin-offs, or just a bunch of Kiwamis to bring newbies into the franchise, but either way, I fully welcome more Yakuza games.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
September 22, 2022 | by
Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain!