Is the Noid really the villain this time? Or is he the true hero we all need?
- VGCC Episode 356: Should We Still Avoid the Noid? - Read More → . . . . .
- Hanging Out In Our Together BnB HD - Definitive Edition - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 62: Droopy Dog Gijinka - Read More → . . . . .
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Review (PC) - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 355: So, About Balan's Bouts - Read More → . . . . .
- Balan Wonderworld Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 354: Big Time Talkin' - Read More → . . . . .
- Crackin' Packs w/ John - Yu-Gi-Oh! Raging Tempest and More Genesis Impact - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 61: The Patlabor Film Trilogy - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
Update: According to a post on GamesIndustry.biz, the MLB: The Show team wasn’t laid off. It sounds like the reported layoffs at this location are related to the planned London VR layoffs.
Original story: Coupled alongside today’s layoffs at Sony London’s VR-based studio, it seems that Sony’s San Diego studio has suffered losses to their staff count as well.
Senior UI Designer Noah Watkins tweeted out earlier today that their entire team has been laid off.
Well… Our entire team was just laid off here at the #playstation studio here in San Diego. Anyone looking for a UI artist/designer?
— Noah Watkins (@noahwatkins) September 14, 2016
Sony San Diego has best been known for their work on games like MLB: The Show, and their most recent project was God of War creator David Jaffe’s Drawn to Death. Members of the studio also seem to have worked on varying aspects of the PS4’s UI as well, so compulsory layoffs after the release of the most recent firmware could make sense.
The severity of these layoffs is still up in the air, and we’ll update this story with any information that comes out.
Rose is a video games player, video games writer, and video games thinker from MA. She has a lot of opinions.
I did it all for you, Mark.
Gotta love that Super Cub.
Disco Elysium should take over the world.
I still can't believe we scored this guest. Scott, your sacrifice shall be remembered.