Let's Keep The Peace
- John and Rose Play Spyro the Dragon: Episode 3 - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 23: Breasted Dragon - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 279: Big Gulp - Read More → . . . . .
- XCHOOM 2 REBUILD: Episode 14, Cyberlord - Read More → . . . . .
- Holy Shit, That Nintendo Direct - Read More → . . . . .
- Pokémon Masters Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 278: Minister Duke Nukem - Read More → . . . . .
- John and Rose Play Spyro the Dragon: Episode 2 - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 22: Dumping Milk on a Bird - Read More → . . . . .
- Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection Leaked - Read More → . . . . .
Update: According to a post on GamesIndustry.biz, the MLB: The Show team wasn’t laid off. It sounds like the reported layoffs at this location are related to the planned London VR layoffs.
Original story: Coupled alongside today’s layoffs at Sony London’s VR-based studio, it seems that Sony’s San Diego studio has suffered losses to their staff count as well.
Senior UI Designer Noah Watkins tweeted out earlier today that their entire team has been laid off.
Well… Our entire team was just laid off here at the #playstation studio here in San Diego. Anyone looking for a UI artist/designer?
— Noah Watkins (@noahwatkins) September 14, 2016
Sony San Diego has best been known for their work on games like MLB: The Show, and their most recent project was God of War creator David Jaffe’s Drawn to Death. Members of the studio also seem to have worked on varying aspects of the PS4’s UI as well, so compulsory layoffs after the release of the most recent firmware could make sense.
The severity of these layoffs is still up in the air, and we’ll update this story with any information that comes out.
Rose is a video games player, video games writer, and video games thinker from MA. She has a lot of opinions.
Character designs are messed up.
Good news, vore fans!
"What a shitload of fuck" - John Unknown