Join The Quiet Mandom.
- VGCC Episode 269: Control the Rocks - Read More → . . . . .
- NIS Releases Shareholders' Report, Bankruptcy Rumours Follow - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 17: Undertale is Isekai - Read More → . . . . .
- Super Neptunia RPG Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Dear Cygames, Stop Shitting On Hawk You Cowards - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 268: Marill on the Maypole - Read More → . . . . .
- The Best and Worst of E3 2019, According to Us - Read More → . . . . .
- Where's Turing?? Read Only Memories Is Minding It's Own Business In "Neurodiver" - Read More → . . . . .
- Spyro Reignited Coming to Switch in September - Read More → . . . . .
- Breath of the Wild Sequel in Development - Read More → . . . . .
Update: According to a post on GamesIndustry.biz, the MLB: The Show team wasn’t laid off. It sounds like the reported layoffs at this location are related to the planned London VR layoffs.
Original story: Coupled alongside today’s layoffs at Sony London’s VR-based studio, it seems that Sony’s San Diego studio has suffered losses to their staff count as well.
Senior UI Designer Noah Watkins tweeted out earlier today that their entire team has been laid off.
Well… Our entire team was just laid off here at the #playstation studio here in San Diego. Anyone looking for a UI artist/designer?
— Noah Watkins (@noahwatkins) September 14, 2016
Sony San Diego has best been known for their work on games like MLB: The Show, and their most recent project was God of War creator David Jaffe’s Drawn to Death. Members of the studio also seem to have worked on varying aspects of the PS4’s UI as well, so compulsory layoffs after the release of the most recent firmware could make sense.
The severity of these layoffs is still up in the air, and we’ll update this story with any information that comes out.
Rose is a video games player, video games writer, and video games thinker from MA. She has a lot of opinions.
Did you know Makai Wars actually came out last year? Me neither! But now you know.
Welcome Elvie to Choochagatari!
Born to jump World is a dummy 鬼神 Nep 'em all 1989
How can a character so cool be treated so badly? What kind of cruel fate is this?