Will this be the last time I have to type ver. 1.22474487139...? There are so many numbers, please save me from the numbers, I'm so scared of the numbers.
- VGCC Episode 357: NieRly Unspeakable Games - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 356: Should We Still Avoid the Noid? - Read More → . . . . .
- Hanging Out In Our Together BnB HD - Definitive Edition - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 62: Droopy Dog Gijinka - Read More → . . . . .
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Review (PC) - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 355: So, About Balan's Bouts - Read More → . . . . .
- Balan Wonderworld Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 354: Big Time Talkin' - Read More → . . . . .
- Crackin' Packs w/ John - Yu-Gi-Oh! Raging Tempest and More Genesis Impact - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 61: The Patlabor Film Trilogy - Read More → . . . . .
At the Sony conference during Paris Games Week we saw our first footage of what Polyphony Digital called Gran Turismo Sport. They didn’t show much of the game but touted their FIA partnership and laid out plans for online championships and live events. Removing the number from the series seemed like a simple marketing strategy for this nearly twenty year old franchise. Turns out the numbers aren’t gone and suddenly fans are having flashbacks to Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.
Prologue was a budget release and holdover title for fans while they waited for the real, numbered, release. While it sold well, possibly due to it’s cheaper price, it was criticized as a cheap replacement for the real thing. Polyphony has pulled the Prologue move twice before and now Sport comes along claiming to be something different.
To be fair Sport does seem different and both Sony and Polyphony are still implying Gran Turismo 7 will come before too long. Gran Turismo 5: Prologue was released three years after 4 and three years before 5. It’s already been three years since a numbered sequel and let’s hope Sport doesn’t signal yet another three year wait.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
Is the Noid really the villain this time? Or is he the true hero we all need?
I did it all for you, Mark.
Gotta love that Super Cub.
Disco Elysium should take over the world.