We know Jack, do you?
- VGCC Episode 376: The Jackbox Party Podcast - Read More → . . . . .
- I Was Excited for N64 on Switch. Was. - Read More → . . . . .
- Finally: Nintendo Direct Announces Animal Crossing's Biggest Update Yet - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 73: The Tatami Galaxy - Read More → . . . . .
- Genshin Impact to Release 2.2 Update on October 13th - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 375: Among Us Sussy Mobile - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 374: The Deltarune Variant - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 72: Irresponsible Captain Gengar - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 373: Say Goodbye To Claude: They're Making Him White - Read More → . . . . .
- NEO: The World Ends With You - Spoilercast - Read More → . . . . .
UPDATE: The video is now embedded. Also, I had no idea this was a delay, so that is now acknowledged.
The Internet is understandably down on Kickstarted video games right now. After seeing Mighty No. 9‘s rancid trailer a week ago, I get it. Thankfully, Yooka-Laylee, the Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor made by ex-Rare devs, looks right on the money.
Yooka-Laylee‘s first trailer has a lot of power ups, traversal mechanics, and that adorable thing where the characters make lil noises while they talk. The only bad thing is that Yooka-Laylee has been delayed slightly into 2017, but that just means it’ll be even more polished.
After watching this trailer, some of my fears were quelled. Yooka-Laylee seems to not just embrace Banjo‘s legacy, but updates it for the modern age. Of all the genres that needed to be renovated, mascot platformers were right at the top, and who better to do it than Rar-I mean, Playtonic?
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
October 15, 2021 | by
FROGGY CHAIR! FROGGY CHAIR! FROGGY CHAIR!
October 14, 2021 | by
It's time to bundle up on the couch and watch some anime.
October 11, 2021 | by
Childe can't stop winning baby!