So We Ride Again...To Another End...
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 5: Patch 5.5 - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 68: The Trials of the Dragon Maid - Read More → . . . . .
- Famicom Detective Club Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Bastion 10 Year Anniversary: A Personal Retrospective - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 365: Switching Steam - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 364: Like a Pirate - Read More → . . . . .
- Biomutant (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Has Danganronpa Gone Soft?? World's End Club - In Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 363: Boss Baby 2 Spoilercast - Read More → . . . . .
- New Pokémon Snap Review - Read More → . . . . .
In a surprising, yet welcome turn of events, Nintendo has confirmed that the Yo-Kai Watch series is coming stateside. Developed by Level-5, the studio behind Ni No Kuni and the Professor Layton games, Yo-Kai Watch is a phenomenon in Japan. In the game, you play as a boy who can see and capture “Yo-Kai”, which are ghostly Japanese mythical creatures. Many people refer to the series as the largest competitior to Pokemon since Digimon, and they’re not wrong, as each Yo-Kai Watch game sells millions of copies.
It hasn’t been confirmed exactly which games are coming out here, as there is the original, a split-release (think Pokemon versions) sequel, and a currently in development third entry to consider. Also, no release date has been confirmed, but Nintendo has also revealed that the vast amount of Yo-Kai Watch toys, anime, and other merchandise will also be localized. This will definately be a huge series to watch on the 3DS, so keep your eyes peeled for more.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
July 29, 2021 | by
Time to crack open this can of worms...
July 21, 2021 | by
Sealed With A Kiss