Mash Y to make the numbers go up?
- VGCC Episode 366: MDK All Day - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 5: Patch 5.5 - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 68: The Trials of the Dragon Maid - Read More → . . . . .
- Famicom Detective Club Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Bastion 10 Year Anniversary: A Personal Retrospective - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 365: Switching Steam - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 364: Like a Pirate - Read More → . . . . .
- Biomutant (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Has Danganronpa Gone Soft?? World's End Club - In Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 363: Boss Baby 2 Spoilercast - Read More → . . . . .
It’s been a strong couple of years for fans of horror games, from the successful reinvention of the Resident Evil series to smaller narrative experiences like Devotion and multiplayer success stories like Dead by Daylight. Now Microsoft is entering the fray with a new game based on the Blair Witch movies.
While we don’t know a ton about the game yet, we can assume that the game’s main character and his dog set out on a journey to find a missing boy who’s vanished in some very creepy woods circa 1996. While it’s unclear from the trailer how much of it was in-game footage, it seems likely that the game’s gonna be incorporating the protagonist’s camcorder as a central mechanic.
Personally, as excited as I am to get my hands on Blair Witch, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t ape some of the tropes that have been established by some recent linear horror games such as Layers of Fear 2; if there’s one thing this game shouldn’t be, it’s a series of spooky corridors and little else.
Niall is the last remaining emo kid and can usually be found hiding from Michael Myers in Dead by Daylight or waiting in vain for fights in DOA6.
July 30, 2021 | by
So We Ride Again...To Another End...
July 29, 2021 | by
Time to crack open this can of worms...
July 21, 2021 | by
Sealed With A Kiss