I spent the whole time editing this podcast on a yoga ball. So Gabe, I get you.
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
It’s been a strong couple of years for fans of horror games, from the successful reinvention of the Resident Evil series to smaller narrative experiences like Devotion and multiplayer success stories like Dead by Daylight. Now Microsoft is entering the fray with a new game based on the Blair Witch movies.
While we don’t know a ton about the game yet, we can assume that the game’s main character and his dog set out on a journey to find a missing boy who’s vanished in some very creepy woods circa 1996. While it’s unclear from the trailer how much of it was in-game footage, it seems likely that the game’s gonna be incorporating the protagonist’s camcorder as a central mechanic.
Personally, as excited as I am to get my hands on Blair Witch, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t ape some of the tropes that have been established by some recent linear horror games such as Layers of Fear 2; if there’s one thing this game shouldn’t be, it’s a series of spooky corridors and little else.
Niall is the last remaining emo kid and can usually be found hiding from Michael Myers in Dead by Daylight or waiting in vain for fights in DOA6.
The promise has been made.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?