Bubbles? In this economy?
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 87: Oh So Very Soapy Bubbles - Read More → . . . . .
- Elvie’s Top 5 Missed Games of 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 394: Rolling Through the Strangereal - Read More → . . . . .
- How Master Duel Taught Me to Play Card Games - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 86: Gun Gale Online - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 393: The Balan Parable - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 392: Serial Experiments Plane - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 85: Kongming Can Fix Me - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 391: What's That Land Called Again? - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 390: Namco Homewrecker - Read More → . . . . .
It’s been a strong couple of years for fans of horror games, from the successful reinvention of the Resident Evil series to smaller narrative experiences like Devotion and multiplayer success stories like Dead by Daylight. Now Microsoft is entering the fray with a new game based on the Blair Witch movies.
While we don’t know a ton about the game yet, we can assume that the game’s main character and his dog set out on a journey to find a missing boy who’s vanished in some very creepy woods circa 1996. While it’s unclear from the trailer how much of it was in-game footage, it seems likely that the game’s gonna be incorporating the protagonist’s camcorder as a central mechanic.
Personally, as excited as I am to get my hands on Blair Witch, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t ape some of the tropes that have been established by some recent linear horror games such as Layers of Fear 2; if there’s one thing this game shouldn’t be, it’s a series of spooky corridors and little else.
Niall is the last remaining emo kid and can usually be found hiding from Michael Myers in Dead by Daylight or waiting in vain for fights in DOA6.