And absolutely no one expected this to happen.
- The Bulletin: Flops and Farewells - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 412: Vtubers are Sus - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: HEY EVERY !!!! - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 96: Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 411: Suikoden Day - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Directs and Drops - Read More → . . . . .
- Fashion Police Squad (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 410: Old Dirty Liz Threw It Back Too Hard - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Kings and Queens - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 95: Uncle Recoil - Read More → . . . . .
UPDATE: Max Landis has nothing to do with the movie. Maybe it’ll be fun.
Oh Christ. According to Variety, a live action Pokemon movie is being fast-tracked into production from Legendary Studios. Said movie will star Detective Pikachu, which you may recall from the bizarre game that was released in Japan a while ago.
Supposedly, this deal was struck thanks to Pokemon Go’s sudden popularity. Legendary has been trying to get a Pokemon movie out there for about a year now, but thanks to the app’s success, we’re going to have to see a real live person talk to a CGI Pikachu for an hour and a half in about two years.
If Deadline is to be believed, Max Landis is penning the script for this movie. If this is true, just kill me now. I love Pokemon, but this whole thing sounds like a disaster. I’d be more excited if Landis was completely removed from the equation. Oh well.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
September 22, 2022 | by
Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain!