Ahhh, only the finest of audio delicacies for our listeners!
- VGCC Episode 237: The Classiest Podcast Around - Read More → . . . . .
- THE MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories (Switch) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- The Difficulty with Difficulty - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari: Unlimited Train Works Episode One - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 236: The Macbeth of Video Games - Read More → . . . . .
- XCHOOM 2: War of the Choosen, Episode 3 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 235: Ghost Ride the Whip - Read More → . . . . .
- Scott and John Play WWE 2k19 - Read More → . . . . .
- The Wasted Fun of Dead Cells - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 234: Immersed in the 'Ghetti - Read More → . . . . .
In 2016, VA11 Hall-A transported us to a cyberpunk world of neon, alcohol, and talking dogs. Now, creators Sukeban Games have announced a sequel to the bartending visual novel, titled N1RV Ann-A.
According to publisher Ysbryd Games, the upcoming title moves the action from Glitch City to Saint Alicia, an “idyllic paradise” which conceals “a seedy underbelly” of “mafia extortion, trafficking, and other sordid crimes.” Players take control of Sam, a bartender working to support her son Tony and contend with her partner’s work as a Yakuza. Against a backdrop of crime, augmentations, and colorful characters, Sam seeks to “put her misdeeds behind her” as she mixes drinks and changes lives.
N1RV Ann-a is slated for a 2020 release, which means it might be a while before we dive back into Sukeban’s stylish creations. The game is planned for Steam, Switch, and PS4, with both English and Chinese language support. There’s no telling what paths N1RV Ann-a will lead us down, but since VA11 Hall-A was VGCC’s Game of the Year, we’ll be looking forward to the journey.
Check out N1RV Ann-a’s trailer below:
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
Now that the dark middle chapter is over, it's time for a reboot.
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
Finally, my long-needed Dark Souls thinkpiece to pad my résumé.
And so I pray...