Anime was weird last year.
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 79: Anime of the Year 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 78: Trading Tokusatsu - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 384: Square Enix Excited for Castlevania NFT - Read More → . . . . .
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 382: Endwalking it Old School - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works 77: Kamen Rider Build - Read More → . . . . .
- The Game Awards 2021 Continue the Night, While Activision Blizzard Workers Inch Closer To a Strike - Read More → . . . . .
- Starlight Car 7: Glitchhikers: The Spaces Between with Claris Cyarron and Lucas Johnson of Silverstring Media - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 76: Return - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 380: Shin Megami John's Back - Read More → . . . . .
One of my favorite games of the year, the doujin Metroidvania Touhou Luna Nights, is getting a Switch port.
Announced during a Touhou Station livestream, Team Ladybug has confirmed a 2019 release date for the title. Luna Nights recently went 1.0 on PC after an early access stint, adding a new boss, a boss rush mode, as well as other fixes.
If you want to see the moment I immediately fell in love with this game—here it is! Luna Nights is a perfectly paced, tightly controlling game that deserves to be held to the same heights as other classics in the genre. Hopefully it coming to Switch will bring more eyes to it, and Team Ladybug can continue their success. I know I will be looking forward to their next work: another Metroidvania based on Record of Lodoss War.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
January 11, 2022 | by
Happy, uh, late holidays!
January 10, 2022 | by
Brown is also a valid colour.
December 19, 2021 | by
Does Master Chief's armor count as a tactical gamer diaper? Genuinely not sure, please ask this question on the next podcast.