Captain Falcon has finally been executed for his crimes.
- E3 2021 Day 6 - Nintendo Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 5 - The ENTIRE Variety Day Roundup #Beer3 - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 Final Mix - PC Gaming Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4.5/2 Days - Square Enix Presents' (Sloppy) Showcase - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 - Xbox/Microsoft/Bethesda Showcase Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 Day 3 Or 1 Or Whatever - Ubisoft, Devolver, and Gearbox Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 3 (But It's Actually the Real Day 1, Full Release) – Wholesome Games Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 2 - The Tribeca Film Festival's Games Spotlight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works 65: Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Day of the Devs Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
The Last Guardian isn’t cancelled. That’s incredibly exciting, but it’s important to remember that this is a very old title. The game’s Art direction has evolved remarkably little in the six years since it was announced, the design of the creature is almost exactly the same, the child character you play as is clearly evocative of Yorda, and the ruin-filled canyon the trailer was set in feels almost pedestrian now. The game is old. That’s worrying.
In many ways it’s easy to see that game has been made by the team that did Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and that’s exciting. But The Shadow of the Colossus was made ten years ago, and while The Last Guardian was utterly unique when it was announced back in 2009 the game industry has changed a lot in these past six years.
It’s being made now, and that’s awesome, but the question remains. Will it be good?
Here’s the trailer, place your bets in the comments.
June 15, 2021 | by
Beer3 baby let's go.
June 14, 2021 | by
Blankos? More like STANKOS! :O :O :O
June 14, 2021 | by
Jack’s mission: Kill Chaos