Solon is Ska, so more like Skalon right?
- VGCC Episode 373: Say Goodbye To Claude: They're Making Him White - Read More → . . . . .
- NEO: The World Ends With You - Spoilercast - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 372: Gardening With Isaac - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 71: Daily Lives of High School Boys - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 371: NetEasing the Tension - Read More → . . . . .
- New Glitchhikers Announced and Many More Games At Premiere of The Indie Houses Megapublisher Direct - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 370: The No More Heroes 3 Episode - Read More → . . . . .
- NEO: The World Ends With You (PS4) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- No More Heroes 3 Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 70: Goodbye, All of Sick Dog - Read More → . . . . .
Lucas Pope (the genius behind The Republia Times and some other game) has just announced his next project: Return of the Obra Dinn. It’s a “3D first-person mystery game set on an East Indiaman merchant ship in 1808,” according to a post from Pope on the TIG forums.
That sounds fantastic. Pope has the full details on the aforementioned forum post, but I’ve pulled out a few pertinent quotes.
There’ll be less creativity with the gameplay and instead I want to experiment with the rendering, story, and a few technical features.”
There’s a slightly cool gameplay hook but I won’t go into details on that until much later.
I’d like to capture the detailed black & white look of old Mac games in a realtime 1st person game. I plan to push it grittier and less cartoon-like than those old games; the hard part will be keeping everything legible without it becoming an unreadable mess of dithered pixels.
Return of the Obra Dinn currently has no projected release date. I’d be amazed if we get anything more than “when it’s done.”
Mike Cosimano used to be in charge of this place, but now he isn't! Now he's on Destructoid.
September 9, 2021 | by
Boys...do this!!! And girls...do this!!!!