Blankos? More like STANKOS! :O :O :O
- E3 2021 Day 5 - The ENTIRE Variety Day Roundup #Beer3 - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 Final Mix - PC Gaming Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4.5/2 Days - Square Enix Presents' (Sloppy) Showcase - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 - Xbox/Microsoft/Bethesda Showcase Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 Day 3 Or 1 Or Whatever - Ubisoft, Devolver, and Gearbox Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 3 (But It's Actually the Real Day 1, Full Release) – Wholesome Games Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 2 - The Tribeca Film Festival's Games Spotlight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works 65: Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Day of the Devs Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Summer Games Fest Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
The late nineties were quite a time in video game history. With 3D technology finally starting to turn into a regular facet of video game aesthetics and design, we were starting to see more and more ambition in the overall production of games. After the legendary success of then-Square’s Final Fantasy VII, the first in the franchise to feature 3D models and environments, they decided to lean into the punkish vibes of the late nineties with its successor, Final Fantasy VIII.
For a long time, despite numerous ports to various platforms, and updated versions of other entries in the Final Fantasy franchise, Final Fantasy VIII hasn’t received nearly the level of love and attention as other titles such as Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy X, and of course, Final Fantasy VII. This is due in part to an unfortunate loss of source code.
Not anymore. Revealed tonight at Square Enix’s E3 Showcase, Final Fantasy VIII is getting a remaster baby!
The Final Fantasy VII Remaster is slated for release later this year. With Final Fantasy XIV adding a new gunblade-wielding job later this month, I am now officially christening 2019 “The Year of the Gunblade.” Rip and Tear, folks.
Spencer is a skeleton from Florida's B-side, currently skulking around Washington state, and he always plays the thief in games.
June 14, 2021 | by
Jack’s mission: Kill Chaos
June 13, 2021 | by
Love, Chaos & Other Delusions
June 13, 2021 | by
Master Chief, at the very least, will never not make me happy.