Captain Falcon has finally been executed for his crimes.
- E3 2021 Day 6 - Nintendo Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 5 - The ENTIRE Variety Day Roundup #Beer3 - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 Final Mix - PC Gaming Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4.5/2 Days - Square Enix Presents' (Sloppy) Showcase - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 - Xbox/Microsoft/Bethesda Showcase Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 Day 3 Or 1 Or Whatever - Ubisoft, Devolver, and Gearbox Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 3 (But It's Actually the Real Day 1, Full Release) – Wholesome Games Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 2 - The Tribeca Film Festival's Games Spotlight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works 65: Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Day of the Devs Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
Fans of influential cyberpunk hacker action-RPGs that aren’t Deus Ex can rejoice – System Shock is getting a remake. Developers of the game’s recent “enhanced edition,” Night Dive Studios, have acquired full rights to the System Shock franchise and are working with the game’s original concept artist to develop a new version of the 1994 classic.
Although most people are probably more familiar with the game’s sequel, System Shock 2 (and of course its underwater spiritual successor), the first System Shock is a majorly innovative game in its own right, and it’s nice to see such a classic finally getting its dues. No word yet on where the remake is in production or when we might expect it to come out, but no big rush.
Night Dive’s CEO Stephen Kick also mentioned the possibility of a real, honest-to-god System Shock 3, but that a game on that scale would require backing from outside publishers. Whatever happens, it’s great to know that this series has finally been pulled out of whatever legal limbo the rights had been lost in and gently nudged back into the limelight. According to Night Dive’s Twitter, they’ll be “revealing something soon,” so stay tuned for more details.
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
June 15, 2021 | by
Beer3 baby let's go.
June 14, 2021 | by
Blankos? More like STANKOS! :O :O :O
June 14, 2021 | by
Jack’s mission: Kill Chaos