I spent the whole time editing this podcast on a yoga ball. So Gabe, I get you.
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
Earlier today, the Brighton branch of the UK retailer GAME posted and promptly deleted a tweet which seemed to confirm a Shovel Knight amiibo. It stated the release date is November 27th, and preorders would begin “tomorrow.”
If the amiibo is actually coming at all, it’s pretty obvious it’ll unlock some kind of content in Shovel Knight. However, Yacht Club Games is planning a “megaton” announcement for this week, which some think might be news of Shovel Knight coming to Smash Bros. The above release doesn’t mention anything about Smash Bros though, so maybe the amiibo itself was the announcement.
It’s still unclear whether all this is actually happening or not. This leak, or rumor, or whatever you want to call it, is still pretty unsubstantiated, but it very well could mean the beginning of non-Nintendo amiibo.
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
The promise has been made.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?