There's a lot of fighting game news this time around.
- The Bulletin: Rock the Dragon - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 93: Calling to the Niiiiight - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 405: The Evo Show - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: AT LEAST RIDE IT YOU ASSHOLE - Read More → . . . . .
- Starlight Car Episode 8: Answering the Fermi Paradox - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 404: Lawn Perverts 2, The Standing Truth - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Dropping Oofs - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 92: The Big O - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 403: Lawn Perverts - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Taking the Heat - Read More → . . . . .
Earlier today, the Brighton branch of the UK retailer GAME posted and promptly deleted a tweet which seemed to confirm a Shovel Knight amiibo. It stated the release date is November 27th, and preorders would begin “tomorrow.”
If the amiibo is actually coming at all, it’s pretty obvious it’ll unlock some kind of content in Shovel Knight. However, Yacht Club Games is planning a “megaton” announcement for this week, which some think might be news of Shovel Knight coming to Smash Bros. The above release doesn’t mention anything about Smash Bros though, so maybe the amiibo itself was the announcement.
It’s still unclear whether all this is actually happening or not. This leak, or rumor, or whatever you want to call it, is still pretty unsubstantiated, but it very well could mean the beginning of non-Nintendo amiibo.
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
August 11, 2022 | by
Sorry for Metal Gear reference but I've got nothing better.
August 4, 2022 | by
What will it take to hear an answer back?