I spent the whole time editing this podcast on a yoga ball. So Gabe, I get you.
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
It took Jaws three movies before they cashed in on the three dimensional money train, but Risk of Rain 2 is doing 3D right now. Announced via a blog post on Tumblr, Risk of Rain 2 has the difficult task of shifting perspectives while keeping the original, frantic feel. A lot of the systems in the original rogue-like were based on range, but if you can’t see in 360 degrees then you run the risk of getting constantly shot.
Hopoo Games, Risk of Rain’s developer, isn’t saying much more about the sequel, since it’s still very early in development. The art styles looks a little humdrum in the photos, but the .gifs reveal a quick pace. It may end up feeling more like Serious Sam or Devil Daggers before it’s finally finished. Hopefully Risk of Rain 2 can also launch on consoles right away instead of having to wait a year or so.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
The promise has been made.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?