January 15, 2016 | by Michael
Rise of the Tomb Raider Director Leaves

Brian Horton, game director for both games in the recent Tomb Raider reboots, has decided to move on from Crystal Dynamics for what he’s calling the ,”start of a new adventure”.

Tomb Raider and its sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider gave new life to a long dead franchise and Crystal Dynamics is said to be working on a third, and possibly final, entry of the series. Rise of the Tomb Raider did pretty well despite being only released on Xbox One so far, selling over a million copies according to Microsoft.

Horton is leaving at the best time. He’s helped revitalize a historic video game character and modernized her appropriately.  Horton says he and his family are moving to Southern California which leaves plenty of room for speculation as to where he may end up.

Michael

Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool

Leave a Reply

— required *

— required *

Theme by Theme Flames, powered by Wordpress.