Just a little guy.
- Elvie’s Top 5 Missed Games of 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 394: Rolling Through the Strangereal - Read More → . . . . .
- How Master Duel Taught Me to Play Card Games - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 86: Gun Gale Online - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 393: The Balan Parable - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 392: Serial Experiments Plane - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 85: Kongming Can Fix Me - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 391: What's That Land Called Again? - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 390: Namco Homewrecker - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 84: March Comes in Like a Lion - Read More → . . . . .
Buy a new mouse and get ready to click like you’ve never clicked before. The national eSport of Korea is back. According to several reports, the RTS classic Starcraft will be getting an HD remake from Blizzard. No information on if this is just a multiplayer upgrade or the entire game, but it does appear the frame rate and resolution will both be getting a boost. The actual reveal will probably happen in September during a major tournament run by Blizzard.
No surprise that Blizzard wants to reclaim their eSports crown for RTS games. Starcraft 2 was probably the first game to really sweep in and take advantage of live streams of tournaments. The current eSports scene didn’t really take off until League of Legends and Dota 2 emerged, but Starcraft 2 paved the way. Surely releasing the original Starcraft, which was immensely popular after the Brood War expansion, will relight some eSports fires.
Rumors have also pointed to possible HD remakes of Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 at some point.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool