How can a character so cool be treated so badly? What kind of cruel fate is this?
- Dear Cygames, Stop Shitting On Hawk You Cowards - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 268: Marill on the Maypole - Read More → . . . . .
- The Best and Worst of E3 2019, According to Us - Read More → . . . . .
- Where's Turing?? Read Only Memories Is Minding It's Own Business In "Neurodiver" - Read More → . . . . .
- Spyro Reignited Coming to Switch in September - Read More → . . . . .
- Breath of the Wild Sequel in Development - Read More → . . . . .
- Banjo-Kazooie Makes It To Smash! - Read More → . . . . .
- Animal Crossing New Horizons on Switch Finally Revealed - Read More → . . . . .
- Astral Chain Detailed in Nintendo Direct - Read More → . . . . .
- No More Heroes 3 in 2020! - Read More → . . . . .
Writer of Valve games, like Portal, Left 4 Dead, and Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and 2, Erik Wolpaw has left the company according to several sources talking to Gamasutra. Sources noticed a few Facebook and Twitter posts from Wolpaw and other Valve employees clearly stating Wolpaw has left Valve. This would be more big talent leaving, and only a year after the departure of another of Valve’s lead writers Marc Laidlaw. Valve hasn’t commented on Wolpaw’s exit, and Wolpaw hasn’t announced where he is going, or which island he’ll be vacationing on for the next few months.
This continues to mark a transition for Valve away from story-based games like Half-Life or Portal, and more towards titles like Dota 2. Neither side in this will be hurting however, Valve continues to make money and collect knives and Wolpaw can go wherever he chooses. It’ll be interesting to see what games Valve creates in a post-Wolpaw world, and if they’ll ever be able to recapture those wonderful, story driven, moments from their past.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
DOOM... the video game.
Roll +Edge to Assess
We have some thoughts about E3 2019. We know you want to hear them.
I've only known ES88 for five minutes and I would die for them.