I spent the whole time editing this podcast on a yoga ball. So Gabe, I get you.
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
At E3 2019’s PC Gaming Show, Honig Studios GmbH out of Berlin showed a new ‘Spaghetti Western inspired stealth game’ titled El Hijo. You play as a kid who has been given up to a monastery and you are trying to escape to get back to your mom. Grab your kid-gun and your kid-‘picture of your wife’ and check the trailer out:
It looks like it is missing a dramatic acoustic guitar and maybe a little more advancement in the gameplay loop, because if it’s just sneaking around normal guard loops then I may not be convinced. However, El Hijo is cute as hell with its painterly aesthetic and soft line edges, and it’s real cool seeing more Latin influences in games. Hopefully it is more respectful to the culture than Guacamelee was. We’ll see how it all shakes out whenever it comes out, as they seemed to not have added any mention of how to access the game or when it may be coming out.
You made it all the way down here? Great job! And thank you!
The promise has been made.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?