Will this be the last time I have to type ver. 1.22474487139...? There are so many numbers, please save me from the numbers, I'm so scared of the numbers.
- VGCC Episode 357: NieRly Unspeakable Games - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 356: Should We Still Avoid the Noid? - Read More → . . . . .
- Hanging Out In Our Together BnB HD - Definitive Edition - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 62: Droopy Dog Gijinka - Read More → . . . . .
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Review (PC) - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 355: So, About Balan's Bouts - Read More → . . . . .
- Balan Wonderworld Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 354: Big Time Talkin' - Read More → . . . . .
- Crackin' Packs w/ John - Yu-Gi-Oh! Raging Tempest and More Genesis Impact - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 61: The Patlabor Film Trilogy - Read More → . . . . .
The Playstation brand is pulling an NES Classic and releasing their own small console full of ROMs. The Playstation Classic will be releasing December 3rd, with an asking price of $100.
So far, Sony is saying twenty games will be loaded on the hardware, including Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. More games will be revealed in the coming weeks, but so far, that’s quite a motley crew of classics from Playstation’s history.
The hardware will use HDMI and comes with two controllers so you can play Tekken with someone else, no worries about buying another controller. It also comes with a USB cable, but surprisingly, no AC adapter. I’m guessing they did this so the flat $100 price would look more attractive, but that’s still an odd, disappointing move.
Is this worth the price? If you’ve missed out on these games, sure, and original releases of these games are expensive these days. For now, I’m a bit skeptical, as we don’t know the full roster, but this is an interesting step for Sony to take.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
Is the Noid really the villain this time? Or is he the true hero we all need?
I did it all for you, Mark.
Gotta love that Super Cub.
Disco Elysium should take over the world.