This episode breaches the peace treaty with Tetsuya Nomura
- VGCC Episode 334: Do You Think We Play Video Games for Fun? - Read More → . . . . .
- Ride The Rails: Genshin Impact - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 333: Final Fantasy Hacktics - Read More → . . . . .
- Spelunky 2 (PS4) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Episode 49: Koufuku Graffiti - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Episode 48: It Turned Into a Weasel - Read More → . . . . .
- The Steam Game Fest 2020: Autumn Edition - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 332: Disgraceful Beast - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 331: Emergency Food - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 330: No Strike Zone - Read More → . . . . .
Gonna be real, when I saw the teaser for a new Phantom Dust at E3 last year, I had no idea what it was. I still don’t. But it’s a damn shame any time a studio goes kaput. Kotaku reported that the game’s developer, Darkside Games has been closed, and their version of Phantom Dust has been canceled. Microsoft then went on to say that the rights for the game will be shifted to another dev, meaning we may still see Phantom Dust in one way or another.
The shuttering was especially heartbreaking due to the suddeness of it. An anonymous member of the dev team told Kotaku:
“The executives who saw it were impressed and as late as this morning gave our team every indication that the project was on solid ground. Yet we got the phone call today that someone up on high who in all likelihood wasn’t even aware of the game in detail shut it down.”
Good luck to all 50 of the former Darkside staff members. Hopefully someone snatches you up quick.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
You have to eat this video right now, it's an emergency.
Marie Popo and Paimon sponsored WWE match
Spelunking still feels good, well, most of the time.
Dig in to a new podcast!