What Twitch is doing feels like the opposite of charity.
- The Bulletin: HEY EVERY !!!! - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 96: Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 411: Suikoden Day - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Directs and Drops - Read More → . . . . .
- Fashion Police Squad (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 410: Old Dirty Liz Threw It Back Too Hard - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Kings and Queens - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 95: Uncle Recoil - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 409: Jack's Orb Debt - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Bummers and Numbers - Read More → . . . . .
Gonna be real, when I saw the teaser for a new Phantom Dust at E3 last year, I had no idea what it was. I still don’t. But it’s a damn shame any time a studio goes kaput. Kotaku reported that the game’s developer, Darkside Games has been closed, and their version of Phantom Dust has been canceled. Microsoft then went on to say that the rights for the game will be shifted to another dev, meaning we may still see Phantom Dust in one way or another.
The shuttering was especially heartbreaking due to the suddeness of it. An anonymous member of the dev team told Kotaku:
“The executives who saw it were impressed and as late as this morning gave our team every indication that the project was on solid ground. Yet we got the phone call today that someone up on high who in all likelihood wasn’t even aware of the game in detail shut it down.”
Good luck to all 50 of the former Darkside staff members. Hopefully someone snatches you up quick.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
September 22, 2022 | by
Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain!