I spent the whole time editing this podcast on a yoga ball. So Gabe, I get you.
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
Thirteen years ago, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee kicked off the Oddworld series. A combination platform-puzzler game about how the overwhelming march of the capitalism machine consumes the underclass it relies upon to exist, though Abe’s Oddysee took “consume” to a more literal level.
Soulstorm is set up to look like an enhanced version of Abe’s Oddysee, with similar puzzles and platforming, rescuing & escorting fellow Mudokons from the tyranny of capitalism. This time, though, Abe’s signature stitched mouth is going to be unleashed, and we can all only hope he doesn’t spew some milquetoast platitudes that undermine the values its predecessor hinged upon.
If it ends up being bad, well, at least Abe’s Oddysee still exists.
Spencer is a skeleton from Florida's B-side, currently skulking around Washington state, and he always plays the thief in games.
The promise has been made.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?