The two biggest Blue Mage fans are here.
- Crackin' Packs w/ John - Yu-Gi-Oh! Spirit Charmers - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 52: Just Recieved Word From King Kai - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 338: Play a Different Game - Read More → . . . . .
- Watch_Dogs: Legion (PS4) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- The Last of Us Made Me Hate the Post-Apocalypse - Read More → . . . . .
- Crackin' Packs with John - Yu-Gi-Oh! Maximum Gold - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 337: L33tStr33t - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 51: Angel Beats - Read More → . . . . .
- Crackin' Packs with John - Yu-Gi-Oh! Phantom Rage - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 336: Fine Italian Gentleman - Read More → . . . . .
Previously, owners of the Oculus Rift had access to games and demos which, thanks to a headset check in Oculus software, remained exclusive to the Rift. Now the 1.5 update to the Oculus Runtime program has rolled around, and the checking system has quietly gone absent- meaning HTC Vive users are now easily able to play previously Oculus-exclusive titles.
Prior to the update, users were able to circumvent the DRM using a third party software called Revive. Of course, this patch has rendered such a program essentially pointless. Although the removal of the check wasn’t mentioned in the patch note, the Oculus developers have confirmed the change, stating that they “won’t use hardware checks as part of DRM on PC in the future.”
This change potentially simplifies the consumer debate on Oculus versus Vive- with no more exclusives in the Oculus corner of the ring, the question simply comes down to hardware power and preferences. Will the idea of VR headset exclusives be eliminated altogether? Only time will tell.
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
Thank you girls for my life.
Like broken angels, wingless, cast from heaven's gate, do we deliver a podcast to you.
This was a long episode for a fortnight where we didn't watch much.
Just mix it up a little