The promise has been made.
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
- Franny's Intro Post - Read More → . . . . .
After the passing of Satoru Iwata earlier this year there has been a lot of speculation on how Nintendo would move forward. Finally we have an answer. Tatsumi Kimishima will be president of Nintendo starting September 16th. Kimishima’s resume certainly qualifies him for the role. He spent twenty seven years at Sanwa Bank of Japan with a focus on international business before moving on to the Pokemon Company in 2000 first as CFO and later as president. Only two years later Kimishima moved over to Nintendo of America where he served as president before the well known Reggie Fils-Aime took over. Kimishima has continued to work on the board of Nintendo and as CEO, before Iwata took over as CEO in 2013. Overall he seems like an almost obvious pick.
Kimishima is credited on a handful of games as well included several of the Mario Party games, a few of the Mario Golf games, and on the beloved Metroid Prime. Obviously there is no replacement for Iwata and the warmth and passion he brought to his job as president. Kimishima does seem like the best fit for the strange time Nintendo is going through. With the NX on the horizon, Nintendo has a lot of work ahead of them.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?
Goodbye to Super Mario, may he rest in pipes.