Captain Falcon has finally been executed for his crimes.
- E3 2021 Day 6 - Nintendo Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 5 - The ENTIRE Variety Day Roundup #Beer3 - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 Final Mix - PC Gaming Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4.5/2 Days - Square Enix Presents' (Sloppy) Showcase - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 - Xbox/Microsoft/Bethesda Showcase Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 Day 3 Or 1 Or Whatever - Ubisoft, Devolver, and Gearbox Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 3 (But It's Actually the Real Day 1, Full Release) – Wholesome Games Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 2 - The Tribeca Film Festival's Games Spotlight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works 65: Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Day of the Devs Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
Earlier this year, Sony revealed a sequel to the 2010 RPG Neir during their E3 conference. At the time, the game was simply (and accurately) referred to as “Neir New Project.” Now, the game has an official name – Nier: Automata – and a new trailer.
Nier: Automata will be a third-person action game, will be a PS4 exclusive release, and will be a colllaboration between Square Enix and (unsurprisingly) Platinum Games. All this was detailed in a PlayStation blog post, which also includes some nice screenshots, character info, and the basic plot of the game.
Apparently the game will take place in a world “where androids and mechanized weapons clash in ferocious combat in a barren and deserted wasteland,” and will be written in such a way that playing the first game won’t be necessary. Personnel includes Keiichi Okabe, music composer from the first game, and character designer Akihiko Yoshida, known for work on games such as Final Fantasy XII.
Neir: Automata still doesn’t have a release date, but according to the new trailer, it’s a “Work In Progress.” Mid 2016 would probably be a safe bet, but then again, you can never really tell when it comes to Square Enix.
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
June 15, 2021 | by
Beer3 baby let's go.
June 14, 2021 | by
Blankos? More like STANKOS! :O :O :O
June 14, 2021 | by
Jack’s mission: Kill Chaos