Just a little guy.
- Elvie’s Top 5 Missed Games of 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 394: Rolling Through the Strangereal - Read More → . . . . .
- How Master Duel Taught Me to Play Card Games - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 86: Gun Gale Online - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 393: The Balan Parable - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 392: Serial Experiments Plane - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 85: Kongming Can Fix Me - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 391: What's That Land Called Again? - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 390: Namco Homewrecker - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 84: March Comes in Like a Lion - Read More → . . . . .
The latest game from Oddworld Inhabitants, Oddworld: Soulstorm, has been announced.
Set directly after the events of Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, Soulstorm will follow Abe the Mudokon and his three hundred freed bretheren on a trek across the desert. They stumble upon a drink called Soulstorm, which changes their lives forever. Series creator Lorne Lanning says this game will be a “deeper, darker, and more sinister story that we never got to tell,” and will “…flesh out more meat on the bones of an original spine, but re-tell the fable from a very different angle.”
It seems to me that New ‘n’ Tasty is now a reboot of the franchise, not just a remake of the original. It’s been over ten years since Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath, so it makes sense that they’d want to restart the franchise for a new era of Oddworld fans.
This new game will release late next year, and currently the Oddworld Twitter is running a campaign to reveal Abe’s new design by asking for more Twitter followers.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.