I spent the whole time editing this podcast on a yoga ball. So Gabe, I get you.
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
Much sooner than expected, Konami has announced the next entry in the Metal Gear series; Metal Gear Survive, a four player co-op stealth survival game.
Set immediately after the ending of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive puts you in the shoes of the last surviving members of Militaires Sans Frontières as they explore an alternate universe, on the other side of a wormhole that appeared in the wake of Mother Base’s destruction. Players will scavenge and explore the crushed remnants of Mother Base, while fighting off hordes of demon-like/zombie-like enemies Konami refers to as “biological threats”, as well as larger enemies like Metal Gears.
Konami says Survive will be “survival done the Metal Gear way” but it’s unclear what that means at this point. While it’s interesting to see what Konami has pulled out in the wake of losing the series head they’ve relied on for so long, this game seems like it might be erring a bit too hard on the wilder side of Metal Gear. It looks like they’re ditching the more realistic aspects of the series and going all in on the weird – which could be fun, but those realistic elements have always been what makes the wackiness work so well.
There will be more information from Konami as Gamescom goes on, and we’ll keep you updated as it comes.
Rose is a video games player, video games writer, and video games thinker from MA. She has a lot of opinions.
The promise has been made.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?