Solon is Ska, so more like Skalon right?
- VGCC Episode 373: Say Goodbye To Claude: They're Making Him White - Read More → . . . . .
- NEO: The World Ends With You - Spoilercast - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 372: Gardening With Isaac - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 71: Daily Lives of High School Boys - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 371: NetEasing the Tension - Read More → . . . . .
- New Glitchhikers Announced and Many More Games At Premiere of The Indie Houses Megapublisher Direct - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 370: The No More Heroes 3 Episode - Read More → . . . . .
- NEO: The World Ends With You (PS4) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- No More Heroes 3 Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 70: Goodbye, All of Sick Dog - Read More → . . . . .
Earlier today, reports came out that the director of Fox Engine, Julien Merceron, had left Konami. Apparently, Merceron was dissatisfied with Konami’s shift towards mobile gaming, which according to another report, is finally being put into place. Aside from Metal Gear Online and Pro Evolution Soccer 2016, Konami has stopped production of AAA games.
Although Konami’s AAA slate is blank for the forseeable future, it doesn’t mean we won’t see something big from them, especially since they have the license to the football tournament Euro 2016. But, it’s unlikely. They’ve been discussing moving to primarily mobile games for a while now, and it looks like they’ve finally made good on the promise. Of course, this comes on the heels of last month’s revelations about Konami’s terrifying work environment, so who knows what’s going to happen.
Konami has been taking the industry on a wild ride for the better part of the year, and it may have finally come to an end. Whether or not the company can remain profitable remains to be seen, but Konami president Hideki Hayakawa has stated they wish to “build up a comprehensive portfolio of console, arcade, and card game titles for each IP.” So, we may never see another legitimate Metal Gear Solid title ever again, but there could be a Metal Gear Solid pachinko machine in the works.
Frankly, Konami couldn’t do much else to ruin their reputation more than they already have. Then again, I could be eating those words in a month. Whatever happens, I think it’s time to say goodbye to Konami and move on. Au revoir, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Bomberman, and Castlevania. I’ll see you in the next life.
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
September 9, 2021 | by
Boys...do this!!! And girls...do this!!!!