- VGCC Episode 322: Pitmaster's Privilege - Read More → . . . . .
- TennoCon 2020 - Read More → . . . . .
- Fighting Game News: Japanese Fighting Game Publisher's Roundtable - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimted Train Works Episode 44: St. Patrick's Day - Read More → . . . . .
- We should talk. Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 321: The Week of Chris - Read More → . . . . .
- Necrobarista Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 320: Cool Ranch Dracula - Read More → . . . . .
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 43: Hi-Score Girl - Read More → . . . . .
Earlier today, reports came out that the director of Fox Engine, Julien Merceron, had left Konami. Apparently, Merceron was dissatisfied with Konami’s shift towards mobile gaming, which according to another report, is finally being put into place. Aside from Metal Gear Online and Pro Evolution Soccer 2016, Konami has stopped production of AAA games.
Although Konami’s AAA slate is blank for the forseeable future, it doesn’t mean we won’t see something big from them, especially since they have the license to the football tournament Euro 2016. But, it’s unlikely. They’ve been discussing moving to primarily mobile games for a while now, and it looks like they’ve finally made good on the promise. Of course, this comes on the heels of last month’s revelations about Konami’s terrifying work environment, so who knows what’s going to happen.
Konami has been taking the industry on a wild ride for the better part of the year, and it may have finally come to an end. Whether or not the company can remain profitable remains to be seen, but Konami president Hideki Hayakawa has stated they wish to “build up a comprehensive portfolio of console, arcade, and card game titles for each IP.” So, we may never see another legitimate Metal Gear Solid title ever again, but there could be a Metal Gear Solid pachinko machine in the works.
Frankly, Konami couldn’t do much else to ruin their reputation more than they already have. Then again, I could be eating those words in a month. Whatever happens, I think it’s time to say goodbye to Konami and move on. Au revoir, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Bomberman, and Castlevania. I’ll see you in the next life.
Editor, writer, and a non-stop consumer of games, movies, and music. Also the resident Texan, a general mischief maker, and a lover of all things atrocious.
Holy Shit There’s A New Skeletal Warframe
With EVO cancelled and a stage for publishers to show off their announcements along with it, a group of Japanese publishers gathered for the first Japanese Fighting Game Publisher’s Roundtable (JFGPR).
I really don't understand why Rose immediately brought up St. Patrick.
Let's NOT talk.