The promise has been made.
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
- Franny's Intro Post - Read More → . . . . .
The publisher behind games like Grand Theft Auto and Civilization, Take-Two Interactive, has added the beloved indie title Kerbal Space Program to their roster of games. Squad, Kerbal’s sometimes troubled developer, announced the acquisition in a blog post proclaiming they’ll still work hard to put out free updates and DLC as promised. This is a giant leap for Squad who suffered from several waves of departures just last October, and were dangerously close to ceasing all future updates, not to mention claims that Squad underpays and overworks its employees.
No matter the previous concerns, getting scooped up by Take-Two will certainly keep Squad and Kerbal’s future very bright. Since Kerbal has already been ported to consoles, I have to assume the acquisition means something else is coming our way from Squad some time soon. Hopefully this means Kerbal can add a nice layer of polish before Squad moves onto a new game, and Squad’s previous shady business practices can be left in the past.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?
Goodbye to Super Mario, may he rest in pipes.