Check out #GollumGame on Twitter for more information.
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 76: Return - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 380: Shin Megami John's Back - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 379: Don't Buy Fight Knight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 75: Paranoia Agent - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 378: PVPilled - Read More → . . . . .
- Witch Beam's 'Unpacking' Transforms A Simple Chore Into A Ritual Of Material Anthropology - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 377: A Scary Amount Of News - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 74: Secret Isekai - Read More → . . . . .
- Detention's Film Adaptation Serves Its Medium While Distinct From the Game - Read More → . . . . .
- The Absolute State of Play 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
Hey, remember Mighty No. 9? And how that’s pretty much Mega Man, but not really? Remember Bloodstained, Yooka-Laylee….oh you get the point. Keiji Inafune is scheduled to have a panel at Anime Expo this weekend, and to incentivize people to go, Comcept has posted a teaser trailer for what seems to be an announcement that will happen at the panel.
Boy, that sure looks like Mega Man Legends, huh? I mean, that dude with the red eyes looks like Tiesel, there’s an almost-Bonne logo on the brooch of a girl, and the music sounds just like Legends tracks. Inafune has always been vocal about his love for Mega Man Legends, and was deeply saddened by the cancelation of Legends 3 for 3DS a few years ago. I’m sure some people may be happy to have a spiritual successor, but for me, I wanted to see the end of that story, I wanted to see Mega Man get off the moon. Similar gameplay and art direction might not be enough for me. But we’ll see how this shakes out on July 4th.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.