The promise has been made.
I’m pretty behind on these. I’ve been busy playing games, don’t judge me. At least I’m posting on here constantly unlike SOME PEOPLE. Anyway here’s what I thought about Sony’s Press Conference:
- At the beginning of the event a mix of BYOB and Get Lucky played and I wanted to die right there on the spot.
- DESTINY LOOKS SO FUGGIN GOOD YOU GUYS like I love Halo and this looks like Halo but open world and with your friends and fuck you if you’re hating on this.
- The Order 1886 looks pretty boring. The monsters are at least kiiinda neat but eh. I’d have to see more to care.
- I played Entwined on the show floor today and it’s pretty fun. Not anything to hoot and/or holler about but I could see me playing through this if it’s free with PS+ or something.
- The Second Son DLC is for Neon fans only. Sorry, most people. You’re outta luck.
- I blinked and almost missed Little Bigplanet 3. Where the hell did that come from? It looks mondo cute and I’ll probe pick this up. I wonder what Media Molecule is up to…
- Bloodborne. It’s new Souls basically. Gave me flashbacks. Russian flashbacks. Ugh.
- The Dead Island 2 trailer is ingrained into my mind and I’m pretty happy about that. I dunno if I care about the game but at least Deep Silver are a buncha nice folks.
- Remastered Grim Fandango. On Vita. God bless us all.
- Let It Die is an odd thing for me. On one hand, new Suda. On the other, this was supposed to be Lily Bergamo, and that’s not a thing anymore. I wonder if Suda wants to back off of character action games.
- *chanting voice* NO MAN’S SKY. NO MAN’S SKY. NO MAN’S SKY! FUCK YEAH!
- Playstation Now works really well, and seeing it spreading to Vita and Sony TVs is neat. Now let’s get more games on it!
- That Vita thing from Japan is coming over here for 100$. Good if you’re too lazy to move your console around.
- Mortal Kombat X does exactly what I want, crosses MK and Injustice and brings new characters in. Also, Sonya and Johnny got together? I guess there really is someone for everyone…
- That Powers show sounds alright but they spent way too much time on it. Ho hum.
- Ratchet and Clank the movie looks really lackluster in terms of writing but man I’m excited for that HD remake of the original. This is a suuuuper stretch, but they should do that for Spyro.
- The Phantom Pain looks really great and I pray with all of my spiritual energies that Kojima doesn’t bungle Quiet TOO badly. It’s gonna be bad, just please nothing Ground Zeroes level.
- GTA5 who cares
- Arkham Knight keeps shifting between “nah” and “huh sure” for me. Right now I’m at “sure”. I’m glad the Batmobile doesn’t drive like complete ass.
- NATHAN DRAKE IS SO PRETTY.
And that was Sony. Overall I enjoyed this conference a BIT more than Microsoft’s, but overall Nintendo took my cake. Take a listen to our podcasts for more info on what I saw at the show, and I’ll be posting Nintendo soon. Namaste.