Just a little guy.
Well, that was a great first press conference! Microsoft did exactly what they should have done, which was show the games people were expecting to see. There was honestly not a lot in terms of surprises, but I’ll talk about what stood out to me really quick.
- I would kiss Sunset Overdrive. The trailer, the colors, the weapons, AUGH I’m in love. I’ve wanted to see a shooter with some personality for some time, and Sunset Overdrive easily delivers. I’m also a huge sucker for easy to use traversal mechanics that actually get you places. Big ups to Insomniac for getting a rise outta me.
- Call of Duty looked good for what it was. It was neat to see some mechs and jet boots, but I know it’ll still feel like Call of Duty, so of course I’m not holding my breath.
- Mike’s excited for Forza. He’s REALLY excited for Forza.
- On the same coin, I’m REALLY excited for Evolve. I need some buds to play that ASAP, and I have a feeling I’ll make a killer medic. There’s an open beta is fall and hopefully I’ll have an Xbox by then.
- The Dead Rising 3 DLC…well there were Servbot heads all over the place so it’s like they KNEW how pissed I was last year. Good on ya Capcom. I just wish this release was on PC so I could actually play it….hrm.
- The Halo stuff was really neat! I like Halo 3 so it’ll be nice to get all of those games at once. Big collections like this are a good thing for the average Joe.
- Out of all the indie games we saw, Cuphead, Fru, Mighty No. 9, and Below were the ones I wanted to see more of. Cuphead especially. I hope that’s playable somewhere.
- New Tomb Raider! I’m more excited for my friends who enjoyed Tomb Raider than for myself, but it’s nice to see a lady protag again. Nice to see you back Lara.
- The Division looks better than I remember it looking, but god damn does that fake banter suck. I get it, co-op, but nobody talks like that.
- People are excited for Scalebound and I couldn’t care less until we actually see gameplay. Kamiya is a good sign but that trailer didn’t tell me anything other than that you can control monsters.
Other than that, eh. Assassin’s Creed, Crackdown, Fable, and Project Spark aren’t appealing to me, but if they’re on the floor, maybe playing them will change my tune. Microsoft didn’t knock it out of the park, but they got their runners home, and that’s what really counts.