Blankos? More like STANKOS! :O :O :O
- E3 2021 Day 5 - The ENTIRE Variety Day Roundup #Beer3 - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 Final Mix - PC Gaming Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4.5/2 Days - Square Enix Presents' (Sloppy) Showcase - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 - Xbox/Microsoft/Bethesda Showcase Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 Day 3 Or 1 Or Whatever - Ubisoft, Devolver, and Gearbox Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 3 (But It's Actually the Real Day 1, Full Release) – Wholesome Games Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 2 - The Tribeca Film Festival's Games Spotlight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works 65: Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Day of the Devs Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Summer Games Fest Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
The future of Io Interactive is just a bit clearer now. The developer of notable franchises like Hitman and Kane and Lynch have announced, via a blog post, that they are now an independent studio, and retain the rights to make Hitman. This is after their former publisher Square Enix announced that they would be splitting from Io, considering Hitman didn’t perform as well as Square had hoped. This put the future of Io and Hitman in a lurch, since it wasn’t clear how the rights to the hit series of games would land.
Luckily, it seems the split worked out for Io. It isn’t instantly clear if Hitman’s upcoming Season 2 will still have the same level of content and release schedule as the first season did. Also, no clue if Io can maintain and keep the same relationships and financial responsibility that a typical publisher could. Can Io just keep updating last year’s Hitman? Do they need to establish new working relationships from the ground up? Can they afford a physical release? There’s a lot to figure out, but at least Io and Hitman have survived and moved on.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
June 14, 2021 | by
Jack’s mission: Kill Chaos
June 13, 2021 | by
Love, Chaos & Other Delusions
June 13, 2021 | by
Master Chief, at the very least, will never not make me happy.