Blame Maverick for this one.
- VGCC Episode 413: Stadia Must Die - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Flops and Farewells - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 412: Vtubers are Sus - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: HEY EVERY !!!! - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 96: Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 411: Suikoden Day - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Directs and Drops - Read More → . . . . .
- Fashion Police Squad (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 410: Old Dirty Liz Threw It Back Too Hard - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Kings and Queens - Read More → . . . . .
What do the creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Baron, Madhouse, and Skorpulac all have in common? They’re making 50 retro imitation games and releasing them as a collection called UFO 50. These will be games that look and feel like old school 8-bit games. Clearly they are taking inspiration from the NES and Sega Master System, but these games won’t be quick and dirty ripoffs. Each title will be a full game, albeit shorter than their real counterparts, and will keep “modern game design sensibilities” in mind.
So far this is only for PC and is coming out sometime in 2018. Until then, I’ll be re-watching this trailer for eternity and yelling wildly.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
September 22, 2022 | by
Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain!