Oh no, not the dailies again. Anything but that...
- Daily Login Systems and Emotional Comfort - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 376: The Jackbox Party Podcast - Read More → . . . . .
- I Was Excited for N64 on Switch. Was. - Read More → . . . . .
- Finally: Nintendo Direct Announces Animal Crossing's Biggest Update Yet - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 73: The Tatami Galaxy - Read More → . . . . .
- Genshin Impact to Release 2.2 Update on October 13th - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 375: Among Us Sussy Mobile - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 374: The Deltarune Variant - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 72: Irresponsible Captain Gengar - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 373: Say Goodbye To Claude: They're Making Him White - Read More → . . . . .
What do the creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Baron, Madhouse, and Skorpulac all have in common? They’re making 50 retro imitation games and releasing them as a collection called UFO 50. These will be games that look and feel like old school 8-bit games. Clearly they are taking inspiration from the NES and Sega Master System, but these games won’t be quick and dirty ripoffs. Each title will be a full game, albeit shorter than their real counterparts, and will keep “modern game design sensibilities” in mind.
So far this is only for PC and is coming out sometime in 2018. Until then, I’ll be re-watching this trailer for eternity and yelling wildly.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
October 15, 2021 | by
FROGGY CHAIR! FROGGY CHAIR! FROGGY CHAIR!
October 14, 2021 | by
It's time to bundle up on the couch and watch some anime.