The Dark Souls of Podcasts
- VGCC Episode 346: Everything's Better with Wesker - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 57: Ping Pong the Animation - Read More → . . . . .
- For Women in Games, You Can Be a Mother or a Daughter - Read More → . . . . .
- The February 2021 Steam Game Festival: Play What's Next (But Not Possibly All 500+ of Them) - Read More → . . . . .
- (For) The Wins of 2020: A Conversation - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 345: Nice Times Five - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 344: To the Moon! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 56: Animal Facts with Rose - Read More → . . . . .
- Tristan's Goodbye Post - Read More → . . . . .
- Niall's Farewell Post - Read More → . . . . .
What do the creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Baron, Madhouse, and Skorpulac all have in common? They’re making 50 retro imitation games and releasing them as a collection called UFO 50. These will be games that look and feel like old school 8-bit games. Clearly they are taking inspiration from the NES and Sega Master System, but these games won’t be quick and dirty ripoffs. Each title will be a full game, albeit shorter than their real counterparts, and will keep “modern game design sensibilities” in mind.
So far this is only for PC and is coming out sometime in 2018. Until then, I’ll be re-watching this trailer for eternity and yelling wildly.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
Truly we're all just living on this ping pong ball called Earth...
Granted most men have to be epic dads these days, but we talk about men too much.
Steam Fest Done Quick (SFDQ)
In spite of a difficult year, 2020 wasn't all that bad!