Marie Popo and Paimon sponsored WWE match
June 11, 2018 | by Scott B
Here’s A Rundown Everything At The PC Gaming E3 Conference
PC Gamer ran their PC Gaming E3 press conference this year and showed off a ton of upcoming PC games. Here’s a handy list of what got featured.
- Coffee Stain showed off new gameplay of Satisfactory, an open world multiplayer survival game with the big twist of crafting factories instead of pickaxes. You can read more and sign up for closed alpha on their website.
- The latest trailer for the cyberpunk narrative focused driving game Neo Cab was shown, which depicts the life of a ridesharing driver but in the dystopic future, as opposed to the dystopic now which has the same thing but less neon lights.
- The first of only, somehow, 3 battle royale games was shown! Mavericks: Proving Grounds looks pretty similar to PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, with the added twist that games will be able to support up to 1000 concurrent players at once.
- The national Writer’s Guild award winning Skyrim mod, The Forgotten City, is getting reimagined as its own standalone game, seemingly to be resold without the onus of being attached to Skyrim. The Forgotten City is set to release in 2019.
- Star Control Origins is an open universe top down space game that is available to play in beta today from Stardock. The game will allow for open modding, as well as multiplayer versus combat. Star Control Origins launches proper on September 20th, 2018.
- New content is coming to Hunt: Showdown. Players will be able to use two new crossbows, throwing knives, and a sticky bomb to fight a new tentacled monster called The Water Devil.
- Archangel: Hellfire is a mech based VR game with a singleplayer campaign, as well as a multiplayer team deathmatch mode playable now. The full game comes out of early access July 17th.
- The Sinking City is a lovecraftian investigation game from Frogwares, the developers behind the modern Sherlock Holmes games. While the game will be focused more on solving mysteries, there is still some light third person action combat.
- Warframe is getting a new cinematic quest titled The Sacrifice coming this week. Also coming in this new update is the much teased and anticipated Umbra warframe. Warframe is and has been out for as long as I can remember.
- Sega announced a whole bevy of games coming to the pc including games from the Yakuza series. You can read more about what was announced in our writeup.
- Killing Floor 2 is getting a new expansion titled The Summer Sideshow: Treacherous Skies. The steampunk themed expansion full of weird horror clowns will be available tomorrow.
- The newest game from Tripwire titled Maneater is coming to Steam. Referred to as an “open world shark game,” you play as a shark in open waters, eating whatever unfortunate divers swim your way.
- Three brand new games from a brand new publisher were announced today. You can read all about the new games from Untitled Publisher in our writeup here.
- Jurassic World Evolution was shown off a little more. That’s about all there really is to say about that.
- A new open world VR game from Oculus titled Stormland is coming to the PC. You play as an android that lost it’s external human form, and you’re on a revenge plot to get it back. You fly around and you smoke fools who are presumably also robots. Seems kinda alright.
- Night Call is a noir investigation game where you play as a cab driver trying to solve a… murder? A kidnapping? No idea but it seems really stylish. It looked mechanically a lot like Neo Cab it’s really weird to me how darkly Uber has affected us all.
- A new open world adventure game called Sable was shown off and it’s REALLY pretty. While the game is still in early development and could use some anti-aliasing, this game has some serious style. I’m definitely excited to see more of this.
- There was more Star Citizen at the PC Gaming conference.
- Genesis Alpha One is a space colony sim that seems pretty cool. Players will have to build their ships while they’re flying in space, and the game will include first person exploration and combat. There’s also maybe some light DNA splicing. Genesis Alpha One is set to release September 4th, 2018.
- Hey, there’s a new Don’t Starve game called Don’t Starve Hamlet. It looks like a new Don’t Starve game alright, but this time you explore dungeons and have to sell what you get to a nice little town. A hamlet if you will. You’ll probably play this if you like Don’t Starve.
- Avalanche showed off some of the new Apex Engine that runs Just Cause 4. The engine is able to produce some really fancy technical stuff like really far draw distance and cool weather and destruction events.
- Two new Walking Dead games were show off. The first was titled The Walking Dead, but had Overkill’s studio name in the title, so maybe it’s Overkill’s The Walking Dead. Either way Overkill got to make a zombie shooter and was able to put The Walking Dead name on it. Good for them honestly.
- Telltale showed off more of The Walking Dead: The Final Season and it looks very very grimy. They managed to take the art style they’ve been using for their other games and just make it look way more nasty to a degree I’m pretty into. The Final Season will also include more robust combat to make your encounters with zombies a little more diverse. The Walking Dead: The Final Season is set to release on August 14th, 2018.
- Noita is a 2D adventure and exploration game where every pixel has its own simulated physics and chemical properties. While the game may seem pretty simple at first glance, the way different elements interact with each other seems really cool and I’m definitely interested in it.
- Two Point Hospital is a hospital simulator where you build facilities to cure patients of their large variety of different epidemics from Turtle Head to Monobrow Plague. They’re clearly trying to stand out with a good sense of humor and I think it kinda works.
- Realm Royale is a fantasy class based battle royale game. You use powers and turrets and magic and shit and you craft gear. It’s free on steam now. Apparently if you stream the game on mixr and do like kind of confirmation during E3, you get a custom skin for your chicken. Better, uh, hop on that I guess.
- Ooblets is a new cute animal collecting sim from Double Fine games. Players can farm them literally. Ooblets is coming to PC and Xbox One.
- Anno 1800 is a deconstructed version of the sci-fi city builder with the sci-fi seamingly replaced with pretty agrarian life. I’m very interested in seeing how an Anno take on a more colonial life style game without all the space technology.
- Rapture Rejects is a top down battle royale game inspired by the Cyanide and Happiness comics. If that premise does something for you, I’m sorry!
- Finally, Hitman 2 will be coming to PC November 13th, 2018. If you preorder, you gain access to a new Sniper Assassin mode that has co-op, which is kinda neat!