You have to eat this video right now, it's an emergency.
The Pokemon series is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and what better way to ring it in than with rare and legendary Pokemon! Starting today, you can recieve special Pokemon from one of two places each month, starting with Mew at Gamestop and continuing until December. Here’s a full list:
- Mew: Febuary 1 – 24 (Gamestop)
- Celebi: March 1 – 24 (Download through Mystery Gift)
- Jirachi: April 1 – 24 (Mystery Gift)
- Darkrai: May 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Manaphy: June 1 – 24 (Mystery Gift)
- Shaymin: July 1 – 24 (Mystery Gift)
- Arceus: August 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Victini: September 1 – 24 (Mystery Gift)
- Keldeo: October 1 – 24 (Mystery Gift)
- Genesect: November 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Meloetta: December 1 – 24 (Mystery Gift)
It’s interesting to note that many of these Pokemon have been nearly impossible to get for years, unless you participated in older events. It is a bit odd that some of these are physical codes you must input instead of the Mystery Gifts Nintendo usually releases Pokemon with, but perhaps Gamestop has a deal with Nintendo at the moment.
These codes/downloads will work with both Pokemon X/Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, so feel free to stock up on legendaries! These rarities join the virtual console re-releases of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and Pokken Tournament for this year’s festivities, but I’m hoping we’ll also get that Detective Pikachu game overseas.