I spent the whole time editing this podcast on a yoga ball. So Gabe, I get you.
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
The upcoming game from From Software’s Hidetaka Miyazaki and Game Of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin comes Elden Ring. While definitely medieval fantasy inspired like From’s seminal Dark Souls series, Elden Ring looks to be an entirely new franchise. We can probably except some minor crossover and references (there’s gonna be a Moonlight Greatsword somewhere in this game, I promise), the reveal that this is a brand new IP is really exciting to me as a fan of Soulsborne games. Not being tethered to the series’ deep well of characters and lore means we can see something totally fresh from this collaboration, even if the aesthetics remain really similar.
Elden Ring has been rumored for a while now, with the idea that it’ll be an open world Souls-like game. A lot of critics have gone out of their way to say that Souls games really benefit from having straightforward, linear design, and that an open world game would detract from what makes them so good. However, I personally trust From’s ability to put together an open world and make it engaging.
Elden Ring is promised to release on Xbox One and PC, but it wouldn’t be a far cry to assume it’s coming to the PS4 as well.
The promise has been made.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?