The promise has been made.
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
- Franny's Intro Post - Read More → . . . . .
Like the many zombies that populate the titular location, Dead Island 2 refuses to die. Sumo Digital, developer of LittleBigPlanet, has taken over development of the game.
After original series developer Techland moved on from the franchise and made Dying Light, publisher Deep Silver brought in a new developer, Yager, to make the sequel. After a trailer at E3 2014, the game missed E3 2015 and was delayed to 2016. It then lost Yager to “creative differences” between them and Deep Silver. But despite these losses, Dead Island 2 continues shamble on forward, with Sumo Digital behind its latest resurrection from the brink.
Sumo’s COO, Paul Porter, said “It’s an honor to be charged with the evolution of such an important franchise in Deep Silver’s catalogue. We’re looking forward to exceeding fan expectation with an ambitious design that we’re confident will take bone-crunching, visceral, zombie action to a whole new level.”
It’s unknown if the game is still set to release in 2016.
VGCC's super cute News Correspondent and Official Chooch Princess
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?
Goodbye to Super Mario, may he rest in pipes.