- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 76: Return - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 380: Shin Megami John's Back - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 379: Don't Buy Fight Knight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 75: Paranoia Agent - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 378: PVPilled - Read More → . . . . .
- Witch Beam's 'Unpacking' Transforms A Simple Chore Into A Ritual Of Material Anthropology - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 377: A Scary Amount Of News - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 74: Secret Isekai - Read More → . . . . .
- Detention's Film Adaptation Serves Its Medium While Distinct From the Game - Read More → . . . . .
- The Absolute State of Play 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
I legit feel sorry for Lab Zero by now. What the hell is going on? Today CyberFront Games, distributor of many Western games such as Half Life, Civilization, and Skullgirls, has been dissolved. Their official statement (in Japanese) claims there were “administration problems”. The company had tried to reform, but was unable to and just gave up, choosing to shut down.
Peter Barthalow, Lab Zero’s CEO, posted on the official Skullgirls forums that this “came as a surprise” and will be working with Autumn to hammer out a solution if things are really messed up for the Japanese release of the game.
Things were starting to look up for Lab Zero, but things still keep falling apart for them. Hopefully things will calm down after this year, and 2014 will be a good era for Skullgirls.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.