Captain Falcon has finally been executed for his crimes.
- E3 2021 Day 6 - Nintendo Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 5 - The ENTIRE Variety Day Roundup #Beer3 - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 Final Mix - PC Gaming Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4.5/2 Days - Square Enix Presents' (Sloppy) Showcase - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 4 - Xbox/Microsoft/Bethesda Showcase Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 Day 3 Or 1 Or Whatever - Ubisoft, Devolver, and Gearbox Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 3 (But It's Actually the Real Day 1, Full Release) – Wholesome Games Direct Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 2 - The Tribeca Film Festival's Games Spotlight - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works 65: Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2021 Day 1 - Day of the Devs Roundup - Read More → . . . . .
Video games look like video games. Once you become familiar with the visual language common to our entertainment medium it becomes pretty hard to imagine them looking like anything else. Then something like Cuphead comes along and challenges what you believe. We’ve seen this before. Games that don’t have the heft to really make the graphics look as good as our spoiled brains are used to. It’s a challenge especially for indie developers who won’t have the cash on hand to draw so many polygons. This is why we see so many 8-bit/16-bit style games coming from indie devs. And then Cuphead comes along.
I’m hoping Cuphead is a wake up call to the talented artists and developers out there who will now challenge themselves to be something new, fresh, and unique. Video games don’t have to be stuck in a sitcom style mold where every piece has its place and nothing can ever change. Let’s shake up our own expectations and see what could really be possible.
Cuphead is set to release in 2016 for PC and Xbox One.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
June 15, 2021 | by
Beer3 baby let's go.
June 14, 2021 | by
Blankos? More like STANKOS! :O :O :O
June 14, 2021 | by
Jack’s mission: Kill Chaos