I wasn't opposed to paying! But there's a limit.
- I Was Excited for N64 on Switch. Was. - Read More → . . . . .
- Finally: Nintendo Direct Announces Animal Crossing's Biggest Update Yet - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 73: The Tatami Galaxy - Read More → . . . . .
- Genshin Impact to Release 2.2 Update on October 13th - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 375: Among Us Sussy Mobile - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 374: The Deltarune Variant - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 72: Irresponsible Captain Gengar - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 373: Say Goodbye To Claude: They're Making Him White - Read More → . . . . .
- NEO: The World Ends With You - Spoilercast - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 372: Gardening With Isaac - Read More → . . . . .
Video games look like video games. Once you become familiar with the visual language common to our entertainment medium it becomes pretty hard to imagine them looking like anything else. Then something like Cuphead comes along and challenges what you believe. We’ve seen this before. Games that don’t have the heft to really make the graphics look as good as our spoiled brains are used to. It’s a challenge especially for indie developers who won’t have the cash on hand to draw so many polygons. This is why we see so many 8-bit/16-bit style games coming from indie devs. And then Cuphead comes along.
I’m hoping Cuphead is a wake up call to the talented artists and developers out there who will now challenge themselves to be something new, fresh, and unique. Video games don’t have to be stuck in a sitcom style mold where every piece has its place and nothing can ever change. Let’s shake up our own expectations and see what could really be possible.
Cuphead is set to release in 2016 for PC and Xbox One.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
October 15, 2021 | by
FROGGY CHAIR! FROGGY CHAIR! FROGGY CHAIR!
October 14, 2021 | by
It's time to bundle up on the couch and watch some anime.
October 11, 2021 | by
Childe can't stop winning baby!