Don't take your eyes off the fridge!
- VGCC Episode 288: All the Kinds of Mads You Could Want - Read More → . . . . .
- XCHOOM 2: War Of The Choosen - Episode 22, Penumbra Penultimate (Part 2) - Read More → . . . . .
- The Route 09: Crossroads Pt. 1 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 287: Milo Immasculation - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 27: A Grand Send-off - Read More → . . . . .
- Janie's Goodbye Post - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 286: Michonski Gaming Sandwich - Read More → . . . . .
- XCHOOM 2: War Of The Choosen - Episode 22, Penumbra Penultimate (Part 1) - Read More → . . . . .
- Trixie's Farewell Post - Read More → . . . . .
- Starlight Car Episode 3: Reyan Ali - Read More → . . . . .
Cris Tales was shown off at the PC Games Show today and while it was initially pitched as a game along the lines of Evoland, the actual game is a lot more interesting than a nostalgic tread through some RPG memories.
<iframe width=”700″ height=”394″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/XkunTgsxdHE” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
The conceit of Cris Tales is that you’ll be able to control what’s happening in the past, present, and future, all on the same screen. You’ll be doing things in one time period in order to change things in the next and so on and so forth. I actually think it’s really interesting to have a more nuanced and direct presentation of this concept instead of the usual time travel gameplay most RPGs have where you just sort of go back and forth between zones on a map.
While Cris Tales has been around for a few years now, it finally has a targeted release date of 2020, and you can download a free demo right now on Steam.
Rose is a video games player, video games writer, and video games thinker from MA. She has a lot of opinions.
Are we going to have a PROBLEM, Warlock?? Is XCHOOM gonna have to come back there and smack a choosen?
The Beginning of the End
Anyone else remember Milo's Astro Lanes? No? Then you're normal.
Logging on to egg dot com slash spyrofic.