The promise has been made.
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
- Franny's Intro Post - Read More → . . . . .
Cris Tales was shown off at the PC Games Show today and while it was initially pitched as a game along the lines of Evoland, the actual game is a lot more interesting than a nostalgic tread through some RPG memories.
<iframe width=”700″ height=”394″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/XkunTgsxdHE” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
The conceit of Cris Tales is that you’ll be able to control what’s happening in the past, present, and future, all on the same screen. You’ll be doing things in one time period in order to change things in the next and so on and so forth. I actually think it’s really interesting to have a more nuanced and direct presentation of this concept instead of the usual time travel gameplay most RPGs have where you just sort of go back and forth between zones on a map.
While Cris Tales has been around for a few years now, it finally has a targeted release date of 2020, and you can download a free demo right now on Steam.
Rose is a video games player, video games writer, and video games thinker from MA. She has a lot of opinions.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?
Goodbye to Super Mario, may he rest in pipes.