Is the Noid really the villain this time? Or is he the true hero we all need?
- VGCC Episode 356: Should We Still Avoid the Noid? - Read More → . . . . .
- Hanging Out In Our Together BnB HD - Definitive Edition - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 62: Droopy Dog Gijinka - Read More → . . . . .
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Review (PC) - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 355: So, About Balan's Bouts - Read More → . . . . .
- Balan Wonderworld Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 354: Big Time Talkin' - Read More → . . . . .
- Crackin' Packs w/ John - Yu-Gi-Oh! Raging Tempest and More Genesis Impact - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 61: The Patlabor Film Trilogy - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 353: Gabe Newell's Yoga Balls - Read More → . . . . .
UPDATE: Unfortunately the rumors were true, Joystiq is officially shutting down. It’s really sad to see such a video game coverage staple fall like this. Joystiq has always been around it seems, reporting video games, and setting a standard for the rest of the industry. Hopefully all those talented people find a new home soon and what comes out of this is bigger and brighter.
Rumors are swirling around that long running video game blog site Joystiq may be in its last days. AOL, Joystiq’s parent company, has talked about downsizing and restructuring itself for awhile now, but until today those statements didn’t seem to apply to Joystiq. AOL itself seems tight-lipped about the possible closure, but many of Joystiq’s employees seem to already know about their possible impending doom. It is true that Joystiq has seen less traffic over the past year (Down 18% according to Techcrunch), but to shutter the entire site and let go of its few dozen employees still seems like an overreaction.
Joystiq themselves have responded to the rumors with their own story. It’s nice to see them put on a brave face, and we can only hope these rumors are just that.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
I did it all for you, Mark.
Gotta love that Super Cub.
Disco Elysium should take over the world.
I still can't believe we scored this guest. Scott, your sacrifice shall be remembered.