The promise has been made.
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
- Franny's Intro Post - Read More → . . . . .
Remember the hubub about Alan Wake’s Return from late last month? I was pretty stoked at the thought of a sequel to one of my favorite 360 games, as were many others. Well, cool your collective jets, true believers, because the return of Mr. Wake is just a miniseries within Quantum Break.
According to Kotaku UK, Alan Wake’s Return is an in-game TV show starring Sam Lake, Remedy’s creative lead. The show is live action and can be seen on TVs during gameplay.
When further questioned about future Alan Wake news and the need to trademark “Alan Wake’s Return” when it’s just an easter egg, Sam Lake said the following.
A big part of the trademarking process all in all is the legalities of it. Just making sure everything is covered. […] So no real news about anything future Alan Wake-related. Other than that, we are exploring possibilities and concepting different things, but lots needs to click into place for anything to happen. We will be the first to talk about it when there is something definite to talk about.
So don’t count your chickens just yet, but don’t be surprised if after Quantum Break has time to breathe, we might see more Alan Wake in the future.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?
Goodbye to Super Mario, may he rest in pipes.