What Twitch is doing feels like the opposite of charity.
- The Bulletin: HEY EVERY !!!! - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 96: Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 411: Suikoden Day - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Directs and Drops - Read More → . . . . .
- Fashion Police Squad (PC) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 410: Old Dirty Liz Threw It Back Too Hard - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Kings and Queens - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Rail Works Episode 95: Uncle Recoil - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 409: Jack's Orb Debt - Read More → . . . . .
- The Bulletin: Bummers and Numbers - Read More → . . . . .
We knew about the remasters of old Age of Empires games coming our way, but until today it was only wishful thinking that we’d get a sequel to this beloved real-time strategy game franchise. Thankfully, that changed today, as Microsoft announced Age of Empires 4, and that it’s being made by a new studio, Relic Games, who already have a strategy pedigree with Company of Heroes and Warhammer: Dawn of War. The reveal trailer doesn’t show any gameplay, but it does reveal some newer civilizations that could be in the new game. Also the end of the trailer only says Windows 10, no Xbox One, implying that this franchise will stay on the PC.
There was also some news about the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition which was announced to be coming out on October 19th.
Little by little it really seems like the age of strategy games on the PC is coming back. There has always been tentpole titles like Crusader Kings and Civilization, but now maybe we’re entering the true of age games meant only for me. I don’t apologize at all.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool
September 22, 2022 | by
Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain! Old Man Pain!