The promise has been made.
- Choochamania 2021 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 352: It Was Sonic And Friends That Did It - Read More → . . . . .
- The Monster Hunter Movie Is Not Just Bad — It's Boring - Read More → . . . . .
- Unlimited Train Works Episode 60: Cracks in the Egg - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 351: R.I.P. to a Real One - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4B: Endwalker - Read More → . . . . .
- Rose and Spencer's FFXIV Podcast Episode 4A: Patch 5.4 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 350: New Challengers Approach! - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari Unlimited Train Works Episode 59: Snow White with the Red Hair - Read More → . . . . .
- Franny's Intro Post - Read More → . . . . .
Halo: The Master Chief Collection had a TON of multiplayer issues. It still does as of this writing, with spotty connection in every game type. 343 and Microsoft want to make up for this, and they’re doing it in a surprising and honestly cool way.
If you own the game from launch to now, you get a month of free Xbox Live Gold, an exclusive nameplate, and an in-game avatar to denote that you’re a chump for buying a broken game at launch. But later on next year, 343 is releasing a remastered, 60 FPS/1080p version of Halo 3: ODST for free. The whole campaign! They’re also planning on releasing Halo 2’s Relic map for multiplayer. 343 has no plans to remaster Firefight, which is a bit of a (understandable) bummer. ODST’s freeness is exclusive to early adopters but Relic will be free for all.
I’d rather games not come out broken, but at least Microsoft’s TRYING to make good with their fans. Once the game is fixed 100%, the apologies can be accepted.
John Michonski is Video Game Choo Choo's Editor in Chief. He's a fun man who likes to do good.
What would an Italian Plumber do, if Shadow pulled a gun on you?
Oh well. We all have Monster Hunter Rise to distract ourselves now.
Not so wonderful any more, eh?
Goodbye to Super Mario, may he rest in pipes.