Finally a bit of time to play some video games.
- So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 220: No God On Moon - Read More → . . . . .
- E3 2018 Audio Wrap-Up Special - Read More → . . . . .
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Brings Back The Entire Roster - Read More → . . . . .
- Nintendo Announces Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Read More → . . . . .
- Nintendo Announces Super Mario Party - Read More → . . . . .
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2's First DLC Takes You Back to the Past - Read More → . . . . .
- Nintendo Reveals New Mech Fighter, Daemon X Machina - Read More → . . . . .
- Spider-Man Gameplay, Live Demo Shown Off - Read More → . . . . .
- Remedy and 505 Reveal Control At Playstation E3 Conference - Read More → . . . . .
After years of playing catch up, Nintendo has finally spent the last year living it up in the mobile market. With the success of Super Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, it only makes sense that Nintendo would want to keep their money train a’rolling.
Partnering with Cygames, the company best known for mobile games like Granblue Fantasy and Idolm@ster: Starlight Stage, Nintendo has announced plans to continue their mobile foray, albeit with a little help. The first game that will be made from this partnership is Dragalia Lost, which will be an Action-RPG coming to Japan first this summer, and other regions later in the year.
As an avid player of Granblue Fantasy, I can at the very least attest that Cygames knows how to make an interesting and compelling mobile game. As a fan of Fire Emblem Heroes as well, it’s been clear that Nintendo is at least dedicated to sustaining and trying new things with their mobile games, so I’m tentatively hopeful for whatever Dragalia Lost ends up being.
Rose is a video games player, video games writer, and video games thinker from MA. She has a lot of opinions.
If you've enjoyed previous episodes of the Video Game Choo Choo podcast, you might like this one!
E3's over for another year. What did we all think?
Just kick back and chill.
I can't believe Mario fucking died