Clear as a crisp spring morning!
- THE MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories (Switch) Review - Read More → . . . . .
- The Difficulty with Difficulty - Read More → . . . . .
- Choochagatari: Unlimited Train Works Episode One - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 236: The Macbeth of Video Games - Read More → . . . . .
- XCHOOM 2: War of the Choosen, Episode 3 - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 235: Ghost Ride the Whip - Read More → . . . . .
- Scott and John Play WWE 2k19 - Read More → . . . . .
- The Wasted Fun of Dead Cells - Read More → . . . . .
- VGCC Episode 234: Immersed in the 'Ghetti - Read More → . . . . .
- Wandersong Video Review (PC) - Read More → . . . . .
We knew about the remasters of old Age of Empires games coming our way, but until today it was only wishful thinking that we’d get a sequel to this beloved real-time strategy game franchise. Thankfully, that changed today, as Microsoft announced Age of Empires 4, and that it’s being made by a new studio, Relic Games, who already have a strategy pedigree with Company of Heroes and Warhammer: Dawn of War. The reveal trailer doesn’t show any gameplay, but it does reveal some newer civilizations that could be in the new game. Also the end of the trailer only says Windows 10, no Xbox One, implying that this franchise will stay on the PC.
There was also some news about the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition which was announced to be coming out on October 19th.
Little by little it really seems like the age of strategy games on the PC is coming back. There has always been tentpole titles like Crusader Kings and Civilization, but now maybe we’re entering the true of age games meant only for me. I don’t apologize at all.
Managing Editor around here, moderator over at Giant Bomb, writer at prowrestling.cool